Scientific research and publishing nowadays are integrated priorities for academic work. Scientific publishing is an effective way of disseminating specialized knowledge that is characterized by quality and originality, and is an important factor in the development of the university education structure, especially if the publishing has a significant impact and is read on an international level. In this perspective, scientific publishing contributes to the research, writing and communication of knowledge among specialists, and has become the mainstay of conferences and seminars that appeal to specialists. This feature is mostly achieved by research published in English and much less by research published in other languages. Since the global databases such as Web of Science (ISI) and SCOPUS do not have the controls so far for research published in Arabic language, The Deanship of Scientific Research encourages faculty members in humanities sciences to publish research in English language which will benefit the researchers as well as process of scientific research publications at the university.
Definition of the program
A program that supports humanities sciences research publishing in English language journals which are listed either in Web of Science (ISI) or SCOPUS databases
1. To motivate faculty members in humanities sciences to go for global publication.
2. To promote scientific research publishing process in the university.
3. To develop awareness of the need to publish in the global databases.
4. To encourage researchers to enrich human knowledge with creative and innovative topics.
1. Research should be published in English language in Web of Science (ISI) or SCOPUS databases.
2. The research should be published in the year in which the program is announced.
3. The research publication should belong humanities sciences specialties.
4. The publication should not have financial support from the Deanship of Scientific Research at the University.
5. The value of the award shall not exceed (20.000) Saudi riyals per research.
6. The research program will entertain publication published on or after 1/1/2016.
The Council of Deanship of Scientific Research in its 5th meeting for the academic year 1439/1438H held on 22-3-1439H recommended amendment in regulations of awards amounts for English Language publications in the Humanities Sciences as under for all applications received or to approved on or after 1-1-2018.
Web Of Science (SSCI/SCI-EXPANDED)
Web Of Science(ESCI)
SSCI: Social Sciences Citation Index
SCI-EXPANDED: Science Citation Index Expanded
ESCI: Emerging Sources Citation Index
:: Click Here to Submit your Reseach ::