Excellence in Publication ِAward :
This award is aimed at recognizing articles published in the top 20% journals in web of Science.
- The rules and guidelines outlined in this document apply to all faculty members and researchers of Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University.
- To qualify for this award, applicants must be staff of the Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University (PSAU), and the applicant(s) must have been mentioned the PSAU as a primary (first) affiliation in all the publications under consideration.
- The awards presented in this document do not disqualify its winners from consideration for other awards administered via the DSR.
- The choice of research indexing repositories to use for the award (notably, the WoS stipulated in this document) remains the sole discretion of the DSR Council.
- A researcher may simultaneously apply for the awards with one or more publications emanating from a supported research project.
- The rules and guidelines adopted for all or any of the awards may be revised every two years or as determined by the DSR Council (if needed).
Execution Guidelines :
- Three awards will be granted worth of Fifteen Thousand Saudi Riyal (15,000 SR) and it will be given during each annual University Research Excellence award ceremony.
- All evaluation related to the award will be based on ranking of journals and data from the Thomson Reuters’ Web of Science (WoS).
- Unless approved otherwise by the DSR Council, articles for consideration for this award will be restricted to those publications which are published during the approved period for submission of applications for the annual University Research Excellence Award ceremony.
- For the purpose of this award, assessment will be based on journals and their ranking within their specialty. For example, a journal within top 5% in one of the categories will be advanced to another journal within the best 8% in another category.
- The author of every winning article must be a faculty of Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University. Furthermore, half of the total authorship of the winning article (as published) must be affiliated with PSAU and the corresponding author from PSAU.