Conditions & Rules:
Articles of “Unified Bylaws for Scientific Research in Saudi Universities” issued after the decision of “Council of Higher Education” No. (2/10/1419 H) taking consideration of the 10th meeting of Council of Higher Education held on 06/02/1419 which was implemented on the proposal of the “program to support researches of new faculty members” will take care of the following:
1. There should not be more than three years from the date of earning PhD or of appointment of a faculty member on the post of “Assistant Professor” in Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University.
2. A full or a part of proposed project should not be previously supported by our university or any other organization outside the University.
3. A full or a part of proposed project should not be extracted from the Master or Doctorate thesis of applicant or any other member of the proposed team.
4. The proposed budget of the project should not exceed more than 50,000 SR for humanities and administrative specializations and 10,0000 SR for scientific, engineering and medical specializations. Total period of project should not exceed more than 12 months.
5. The specific tasks of each member should be mentioned in the proposal and total number of members should be justified with the work load of project. Further, preference will be given to project which has three or less members in total including principal investigator.
6. Payments to the principle researcher may release as follows:
Time for Payment
The payment except the compensation of manpower may release
After signing the contract and approving the operational plan
The compensation of manpower will be release
After completion of all expected tasks i.e. submission of the approved periodical technical and financial reports and scientific paper is published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal as per Deanship rules.