Conditions & Rules:
Articles of “Unified Bylaws for Scientific Research in Saudi Universities” issued after the decision of “Council of Higher Education” No. (2/10/1419 H) taking consideration of the 10th meeting of Council of Higher Education held on 06/02/1419 which was implemented on the proposal of the “program to support specialize researches” will take care of the following:
1. All rules will be applied as per mentioned in the e-portal of the “Council of Deanship of Scientific Research”.
2. The researcher must publish at least one scientific paper from the research project supported by the Deanship.
3. A full or a part of proposed project should not be previously supported by our university or any other organization outside the University.
4. A full or a part of proposed project should not be extracted from the Master or Doctorate thesis of applicant or any other member of the proposed team.
5. The proposed budget of the project should not be exceeded than 50,000 SR and total period of project should not exceed more than 12 months.
6. The specific tasks of each member should be mentioned in the proposal and total number of members should be justified with the work load of project. Further, preference will be given to project which has three or less members in total including principal investigator.
7. After approval of research proposal as per arbitration standards/criteria approved by the council of Deanship, the competent committee in the Deanship will review the clauses of budget, required materials and equipment in addition to already available things to complete the research projects while approving the final budge of the project.
8. Payments to the principle researcher may release as follows: (some research project may be excluded from these rules according to the nature of clauses of equipment and materials).
Time for Payment
The payment of 50% of total expenses except the compensation of manpower may release
After signing the contract and approving the operational plan
The payment of 50% of total expenses except for manpower may release
After approval of periodical, technical and financial reports and settlement of first installment.
All payments for manpower may release
After completion of all expected tasks i.e. submission of the approved periodical technical and financial reports, all previous installments are settled down and one scientific paper is published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal enlisted in ISI or Scopus as per Deanship rules. The Arabic journals may not be considered for the above purpose.
Note: If more than one scientific paper is published in ISI Journal, additional SR5000 may be approved for each additional scientific research paper.