Conditions & Rules:
Themes of Program:
The Deanship of Scientific Research is specifying the themes of the “Program to Support the Community Research” as follows:
1. Issue related to the population structure of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
2. Issues in Education Sector.
3. Issues of Civil Society.
4. Issues of Youths.
5. Issues of Family.
6. Economy & Community.
7. Contemporary Trends and Intellectual Issues which have the impact on the Community.
8. Community Health.
Conditions & Rules:
Articles of “Unified Bylaws for Scientific Research in Saudi Universities” issued after the decision of “Council of Higher Education” No. (2/10/1419 H) taking consideration of the 10th meeting of Council of Higher Education held on 06/02/1419 which was implemented on the proposal of the “program to support community researches” will take care of the following:
1. The research proposal should not be out of specified themes of the program.
2. A full or a part of proposed project should not be previously supported by our university or any other organization outside the University.
3. A full or a part of proposed project should not be extracted from the Master or Doctorate thesis of applicant or any other member of the proposed team.
4. The proposed budget of the project should not be exceeded than 50,000 SR and the Deanship always reserves the rights to change the budget based on the advice of arbitrators and competent committee members.
5. In the “Action Plan of Team Members”, the specific tasks of each member should be mentioned in the proposal and total number of members should be justified with the work load of project. Further, preference will be given to project which has three or less members in total including principal investigator.
6. The proposal should be prepared according to the approved model, available on the website of “Deanship”.
7. Payments for the proposed project may be released as follows:
Time for Payment
The payment of all expenses will be made except for manpower
After signing the contract and the approval of operational plan
All the payment related to manpower will be made
After completion of the project and all expected formalities i.e. project is arbitrated according to the approved framework, final technical & financial reports have been approved, the expenditure has been approved and one scientific paper is published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal.
Note: If more than one scientific paper is published in ISI Journal, additional 5000 SR may be approved for each additional scientific paper.