Conditions & Rules:
The rules of “Unified Bylaws for Scientific Research in Saudi Universities” issued after the decision of “Council of Higher Education” No. (2/10/1419 H) taking consideration in the 10th meeting of Council of Higher Education held on 06/02/1419 which was implemented in the proposal of the “program to support research project with international participation” will take care of the following:
1. The research team should be comprised of at least two faculty members in which one must be “principle investigator” and other may be considered as “associate or co-investigator”. A maximum three associate investigators, other than principal investigator, are allowed to participate in which at least one must be foreigner / external investigator. Further, it is allowed to take advantage from assistant researchers and consultants outside the University on a condition that they should not exceed more than half of total investigators.
2. The project period cannot be more than 12 months and its proposed budget should not exceed more than 100,000 SR in case of humanities specialization and should not exceed more than 200,000 SR in case of scientific, engineering and health specializations. Additionally, total compensation of investigators should not exceed more than 40% of total proposed budget. If the research project cannot be completed during the specified period in the approved proposal, then additional time may be provided on three conditions that additional time should not exceed more than the half of the total project period, additional fund will not be approved in any case, and reasons for extension should be satisfactory.
3. The external associate researchers should not be associated with any other supported research program from the University.
4. The researcher cannot participate in more than one joint-research project whether he is principle investigator or co-investigator.
5. A full or a part of proposed project should not be from previous published work and should not be previously supported by our university or any other organization outside the University.
6. The proposal should be prepared according to the approved model, available on the website of “Deanship”.
7. After approval of research proposal as per arbitration standards/criteria approved by the council of Deanship, the competent committee in the Deanship will review the clauses of budget, required materials and equipment in addition to already available things to complete the research projects while approving the final budge of the project.
8. Payments to the principle researcher may be release as follows:
Time for Payment
The payment except the compensation of manpower may be released.
After signing the contract and approving the operational plan
The compensation of manpower will be released
After completion of all expected tasks i.e. submission of the approved periodical technical and financial reports, all previous installments are settled down and scientific papers are published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal as per Deanship rules.
9. If the research project is stopped at any stage or could not be completed without excuse or reasons accepted by “Council of Deanship of Science Research”, the Deanship reserve the rights to take any necessary action. For example, principle investigator or research team may be asked to return all the supported money and the equipment/materials purchased for research project.
10. To complete the project, it is required to publish (acceptance for publication) at least three papers in ISI listed journals or two papers in any of scientific journals approved from Department Councils in Humanities and Theoretical Specializations and one of them must be published in international periodical journal with impact factor. The research team must write the acknowledgment in the published paper as follow:
“This project was supported by the Deanship of Scientific Research at Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University under the research project …………………………………”
11. The university and Research Team consisted of faculty members from “Prince Sattam bin Abduaziz Univresity” may reserve the intellectual and property rights on patents, innovations, discoveries or products as outcomes of the research project.