A program to finance joint research projects between a research team of faculty members or researchers at Prince Sattam bin Abdul Aziz University and faculty members or researchers from distinguished universities or international research institutions in the field of scientific research.
1. Develop scientific and technical research at Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University through research partnership with prestigious international research centers.
2. Develop the research capabilities and skills of faculty members and researchers through the exchange of experiences and knowledge with their counterparts from international universities.
3. Support the formation of research teams of faculty, researchers and graduate students.
4. Encourage the exchange of scientific visits between Prince Sattam bin Abdul Aziz University and prestigious international universities.
5. Increase the rate of scientific publication of research outputs in international scientific journals with a high impact factor.
12 months from the date of issuance of the contract, and may be granted an additional period not exceeding half of the duration of the project for completion, provided that the extension does not entail any additional financial dues.
Terms and conditions:
1. The research proposal or part of it should not have been supported by any party outside or inside the university.
2. The research proposal or part of it should not be derived from the research project of the master's or doctoral thesis.
3. The number of members of the research team should not be less than three researchers
a. Two members of the research team are faculty members at the university
b. Principal Investigator of the university faculty.
4. The duration of the project should not exceed 18 months
5. The amount of funding should not exceed 100,000 riyals for projects in the humanities and administrative specialties and 150,000 riyals for projects in the scientific, engineering and health specialties.
6. The remuneration of the members of the research team should not exceed 40% of the total value of the project funding.
7. Payments due to the principal investigator in the project shall be disbursed in 3 installments
8. If the research project has not been completed within the specified and additional time period, the Deanship of Scientific Research may terminate the project and take the following actions:
a. Calculate15% of the amount allocated to the group for each research published according to the contract.
b. Or calculate 20% of the amount allocated to the group for each research published according to the contract in the case of publication in the top 50% of the Web of Science indexed journals, in addition to the correspondent researcher from the university 50% of the team at the university.
c. ask the principal investigator or research team to return all the financial dues spent, and deliver the equipment and materials purchased for the research project if no research is published.
9. The research team undertakes to submit
a. Five scientific papers published or accepted for publication in Web of Science indexed journals for projects in health, applied, and engineering disciplines
i. Or four papers provided that two of them are published in the top 50% of the journals and that the corresponding researcher is from the university.
b. Four scientific papers published or accepted for publication in scientific Web of Science indexed journals for projects in the humanities.
i. Or three papers provided that two of them are published in the top 50% of the journals and that the corresponding researcher is from the university.
10. The research team should acknowledge the Deanship’s support as follows:
- “This project was supported by the Deanship of Scientific Research at Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University under the research project #......”
11. If the research project results in patents, inventions, discoveries or products, the intellectual property shall belong to the University and the research team of from Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University.
The research proposal is submitted according to the scientific research system via the following link: