Research groups are a group of researchers with a homogeneous or interdisciplinary specializations background, who share a common research interest, have high research capabilities and expertise, as well as new researchers and graduate students to be trained and acquire research experiences.
1. Encourage and support joint scientific research.
2. Transfer research experience from senior faculty to new researchers and graduate students.
3. Encourage scientific partnership between different sectors and governmental or private institutions.
4. Find solutions to the many problems facing society and requiring collective action and joint efforts.
Twelve months from the date of signing the contract
Terms and Conditions:
1. The title of the research group should be related to the objectives of the research group.
2. The activity of the research group should target large segments of society.
3. The research outputs should be applicable in the field where the study was conducted.
4. The number of members of the research group should not be less than three, and a research group with diverse interdisciplinary backgrounds that are related the research subject is preferred. The research team should include distinguished researchers from outside the university, provided that the research leadership is given to a faculty member from the university.
5. The researcher may participate in a maximum of two research groups, provided that he is not a primary researcher in more than one group.
6. The approved budget should not exceed SR 100,000 for projects in the humanities and SR 150,000 for projects in scientific, engineering and health disciplines.
7. The group undertakes to provide
a. Five papers published in Web of Science indexed journals for scientific, engineering and health specialties
i. Or four papers provided that two of them are published in the top 50% of the journals and that the corresponding researcher is from the university
b. Four papers published in the Web of Science or Scopus database for the humanities.
i. Or three papers, provided that two of them are published in the top 50% of the journals and that the corresponding researcher is from the university.
8. The research group leader should propose 5 titles within the research proposal submitted to the Deanship in the scientific, engineering and health disciplines or 4 titles within the research proposal submitted to the Deanship in the humanities.
9. The group should hold seminars and panel discussions to publicize its research output.
10. The research team should acknowledge the Deanship’s support as follows:
“This project was supported by the Deanship of Scientific Research at Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University under the research project #......”
11. If the research project results in patents, inventions, discoveries or products, the intellectual property shall belong to the University and the research team of from Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University.
12. Payments due to the principal researcher in the project shall be disbursed in three installments
13. If the research project has not been completed within the specified and additional time period, the Deanship of Scientific Research may terminate the project and take the following actions:
a. calculate15% of the amount allocated to the group for each research published according to the contract.
b. Or calculate 20% of the amount allocated to the group for each research published according to the contract in the case of publication in the top 50% of the Web of Science indexed journals, in addition to the correspondent researcher from the university 50% of the team at the university.
c. ask the principal investigator or research team to return all the financial dues spent, and deliver the equipment and materials purchased for the research project if no research is published.
The research proposal is submitted according to the scientific research system via the following link: